CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Jersey From The Future, Courtesy Of The NHL


I just got a look at the NHL's new women's Ice Flirt jerseys. I really don't know what the NHL expects us to think about these, but I think the league decided to go with the "jersey from the future" deal.


Seriously, these look like the kind of jerseys Starfleet would use if they took up a hockey program. Every time I see these, I keep thinking of various Star Trek characters taking on teams from throughout the galaxy, wearing these monstrosities, only with the Federation logo on them. I can just imagine Worf finally getting the chance to take out his aggressions on Quark, by violently bodychecking him. Repeatedly. Or Jean-Luc Picard getting kicked out of a game because he kept instigating fights with various players from Team Borg. Rivalry games between Team Klingon and Team Romulan, or Team Borg vs Team Species 8472, Tellarites vs Andorians...


I could go on and on, but I don't want to disturb anyone further with my nerdiness.
Moving on... I hope I'm not offending any women out there who like these jerseys. I think it's an interesting concept on the NHL's part, they're not bad jerseys. Their futuristic flair really amused me at first glance.

0 comments: